We value humility and we’re as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn’t initially think of.
The future of work has arrived – remote work is here to stay! Companies everywhere are adopting and defining new models for working in distributed teams, but they often lack the tools they need to hire, manage, and pay those teams. That’s where we come in. Lano is one smart platform that gives companies of any size everything they need to build the best teams on the planet.
Lano is a place for people who love remote work. We’re an experienced global team, led by serial entrepreneurs and backed by best-in-class investors. You’ll find us working from our Berlin HQ – one of the coolest capitals in Europe – together with remote teammates around the world.
Join us in powering the remote revolution!
Why join us?
- High growth company building solutions for the red hot space of remote work
- A diverse & international team across 10+ countries
- Flexible fully remote culture, you can set your desk anywhere you wish
- Online team events (Yoga, cooking sessions, lunch… any proposals?)
- You will actively participate in shaping the way the global workforce is structuring
- Review, legally vet and amend client contracts and service agreements
- Collaborate closely with our General Counsel and other departments
- Act as a resource and primary legal contact for our Sales team
- Research and collaborate on additional legal topics and projects
What you need to succeed
- Experience in contract law, negotiation and legal drafting
- Good understanding of laws related to employment, compliance, international expansion of business and data privacy
- Excellent attention to detail and very high level of diligence and accuracy
- Near native fluency in English including excellent knowledge of legal terminology
- Successfully passed the first “Staatsexamen” or equivalent legal exams in other countries.
Nice to have …
- Experienced working remotely
- Previous experience in start-ups
- Based in Berlin or within reasonable distance from CET
- Business fluent in German or other languages
At Lano we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams.
Please send your application in English on our website and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. However, we do not accept applications via email.